Hub City Cycles Community Co-op is on the lookout for another staff member.
This position requires being much more than being a bike mechanic. As an employee with our co-op, you will be part owner and have a great opportunity to explore different ways to contribute to, and build this young organization into something even better. We need someone who is willing to commit to helping us grow in the long term.
We strive to be a resource that nourishes the neighborhoods in and around downtown Nanaimo. We provide affordable bicycle-centric services and advocacy which builds, empowers and supports healthy and sustainable communities. We offer a safe and welcoming space for people to learn, share skills and network with other community members.
The wage for worker members is currently $15.00 an hour, plus extended health benefits. We would also be willing to entertain the possibility of offering paid training at a bike mechanic school to a promising and committed candidate.
An ideal candidate will...
- Have at least 2 years of bike shop experience, or demonstrate very strong bicycle industry related knowledge.
-Be a graduate from a bike mechanic training institute, or be willing to attend one
- Be a fantastic communicator. This is the second most important quality after actually having the technical skills to do the this job well. There are 3 other employees who work together and it is imperative that everyone is involved and informed when making important decisions about shop operations, and day to day issues
- Be reliable, responsible, committed and driven.
- Be incredibly organized. There is a lot going on in the shop every day we need someone who thrives in a fast paced environment, can multitask & prioritize, follow through thoroughly with tasks with little supervision, and has a high standard of quality in all that they do.
- Be patient, honest and compassionate. You will be teaching people how to repair bikes and interacting with customers all day in our small space.
- Be passionate about bikes, riding them, fixing them, teaching people how to fix them and putting willing bums in saddles as much as possible
If this sounds like you, please send us a resume and tell us why you'd like to work with us and what you can contribute to our operation.
Hub City Cycles Community Co-op
12 Lois Lane