Velotique, Inc. 2013
1592 Queen Street East
Toronto, On. M4L 1G1
Bicycle Mechanic/Service Department
Velotique is located between Leslieville and the Beaches. We sell and repair bicycles and skis, and sell accessories and gear for both. Our cycling products cater to riders of all ages, leisure riders, commuters, touring enthusiasts, and those with the need for speed. Our bicycle brands include Opus, Devinci, Tern, Simcoe, Bombtrack, Louis Garneau, Linus, Del Sol, and Fyxation. We service all types and levels of bicycles, including select electric bikes.
We are hiring bicycle mechanics to join the Velotique service department. Our team currently consists of 4 full-time senior mechanics and 2 junior mechanics. We are looking to hire up to 4 junior mechanics in preparation for the next cycling season, spring 2018. Full-time hours will begin in April, however, training and orientation will take place throughout the winter on a paid, regular, part-time basis.
Candidates require a strong technical knowledge of bicycle mechanics, tools, assembly, and maintenance. Equally important is that applicants are team players and are willing to learn through practice and repetition. Potential new team members will receive training from the other mechanics, and can expect feedback and constructive criticism on a regular basis. The ability to listen and learn from this feedback is critical.
Wages are commensurate with experience and will be determined after a trial period paid at $12.50/hour
● Knowledge of bicycle parts, brand compatibility, and tools
● Assemble new bicycles and install accessories
● Assess customer needs
● Intake of repairs and tune-ups
● Maintain and repair customers’ bikes
● Time management and ability to prioritize tasks
● Maintain a respectful work environment
● Maintain a clean and organized work bench and service department
● Accredited bicycle mechanic training certificate or at least 1 years of experience in a bike shop
● Must be able to work weekends and three weekdays April-September
● Able to work in a fast paced environment without compromising repair quality
● Fluent in English and computer literate
● Friendly and approachable
● Retail or customer service is an asset
● Able to work well with others as well as independently
● Experience in urban cycling
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with "Bicycle Mechanic Job Application (MM/DD/YY)" as the subject line or drop by in person during our business hours (11am-7pm Mondays-Thursdays, 11am-8pm Fridays, 10am-6pm Saturdays, 12pm-5pm Sundays). CVs will be considered until February 1st, 2018 or until positions are filled. We will contact selected applicants for an interview and placement/one-week training, but unfortunately, we will not be able to respond to everybody. We look forward to hearing from you!
Velotique Service Department