Work and play with bicycles on the water in beautiful Northern Michigan!
Latitude 45 Bicycles and Fitness has been selling fun for over 18 years in beautiful Northern Michigan. Sales for this one store, family owned operation are approaching $1.5M.
- We are community focused, working extensively with trail development and youth riding programs
- Staff members love working here – our retention rate is unheard of in the industry, with the average staff tenure being 8+ years
- We believe in work-life balance – consistent 2 days off in a row
- Our growth is often staff driven – your creative ideas will be heard and valued
We are also looking for a full time bicycle mechanic with at least 2 years in bicycle repair for our head mechanic position. Ideal candidates will be passionate about cycling and excited to inspire our customers and staff about this passion.
- Guaranteed 35-45 hours per week year round.
- Profit sharing
- Health insurance including dental
- Paid vacation up to 3 weeks
- Generous employee purchase and commuting programs
Latitude 45 is located on the pristine shores of Lake Michigan’s Little Traverse Bay. Petoskey, Michigan is a wonderful community that triples in size during the warmer months as one of the best tourist destinations in the Midwest. We have great cycling in the spring, summer and fall, as well as awesome snow to play in during the winters.
- Home to renowned road, mountain, gravel and bike path cycling
- Three of the best ski resorts in the Midwest are within 20 miles
- Award winning school system and a regional college
- Rated one of the safest cities in Michigan
- A vibrant artist scene
- On average a very active community that cares about protecting our environment
- Over 30,000 acres of protected lands available to explore within a half hour drive
- One half hour away from Michigan’s remote Upper Peninsula
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Great pay and benefits
- Average staff tenure 8+ years – people love working here
- Year round consistent work with a consistent schedule
- Work-life balance a priority with up to 3 weeks paid vacation
Latitude 45 Bicycles and Fitness is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Head Mechanic/Assistant Service Manager
Reports to: Service Manager FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:Driving Store Performance
- Perform majority of most complicated bicycle repairs pertaining to wheel builds, overhauls, shock and fork rebuilds, as well as brake bleeds, keeping repair times to a minimum while maintaining high quality standards.
- When Service Manager is off, demonstrate and motivate service staff to both exceed customer expectations and inspire customers in all cycling related areas.
- When Service Manager is off, manage the service staff by motivating them to keep repair times to a minimum while maintaining high quality standards as set forth in annual service department goals.
- Promote Latitude 45’s mission, values and standards. Managing Service Operations
- When the Service Manager is off, create and monitor daily repair/build schedule.
- Perform repairs and new bike builds on a daily basis.
- When the Service Manager is off, maintain quality control of all repairs and new bike builds.
- Assist the Service Manager in maintaining parts inventory for the service department including ordering and physical counts.
- Perform fitness equipment repair and delivery when needed.
- Opening and closing the store, including register counts, security and tasking staff on open/close procedures where needed.
- Minimum 2years experience in professional bicycle repair.
- Must be passionate about cycling and excited to inspire our customers and staff about this passion.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, couple with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to manage, inspire and respectfully lead a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated and a continual learner, especially with respect to bicycle and fitness repair.
- Knowledge of computers and technology. Experience with Lightspeed POS a plus.
- Ability to be mobile and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
- Ability to lift 100 lbs while utilizing appropriate safety techniques preferred, but not mandatory (fitness installations).
This position profile is a representation of what is required for an employee to succeed. As the company needs change, position expectations may change. It is expected that all employees complete any reasonable request that may not be listed in their job description. Employees who feel a request is unreasonable should contact the owner.
- Full-time, year round, hourly position (35-45 hours per week)
- Health insurance stipend toward company program that includes dental
- Paid vacation
- Profit sharing
- Paid commuting plan
- Generous employee purchase program
To apply for the Head Mechanic/Assistant Service Manager position, email resume, references and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org